Friday, December 27, 2013

Samantha the Christmas Angel

<black and white christmas cardsp>Thursday, December 26 th, 2013
Issue 52, Volume 17.


After working late one Friday night a couple of weeks ago, I decided to stop at Oink and Moo for take-out. I walked in and noticed a young woman off to my left having dinner. What caught my eye was the slab of ribs in front of her. Not only did they look delicious, but all I could think of was that the slab was almost bigger than she was.

The hostess was ringing me up; I went for my ATM card and realized I didn't have it. I don't carry my credit cards and almost never have cash which was the case this night. Out loud I said, "Oh no, I don't have my ATM card!" The hostess said not to worry about it, Advertisement

[ Berry-Bell and Hall Mortuary ] to call them with the numbers or drop the cash off later.

Suddenly, there was a young lady standing next to me, she said, "I'm paying for her dinner." She said she wanted to do something nice for someone at the holidays. I was so taken back; I thanked her over and over and asked her for a hug. I realized I had put my credit cards in my purse, Christmas shopping and all, so I ended up paying for my dinner.

That Friday night began the Christmas feeling for me. Thank you Samantha Fender for showing me your kindness and generosity, I went home with a warm heart and a smile on my face. You showed me the true meaning of Christmas. Merry Christmas!

Teddie Borges

No comments:

Post a Comment